Saturday, June 28, 2014

Italian Beef Sandwich on Onion Rolls


This has been a long time family favorite and these sandwiches are the very first meal I cooked for Erik.  When I told him I was making roast for his first dinner at my house he was expecting a traditional roast with vegetables and was pleasantly surprised by these sandwiches.  I hope you enjoy these sandwiches as much as we do!

Source: My mom

Ingredients:
3-5 pound rump roast
2 good seasons Italian dressing dry packets
1 good seasons ZESTY Italian dressing dry packets
2 cups water
1-2 cups monterey jack cheese
6-8 onion rolls

Instructions:
1. Place the rump roast in a crock pot.  Mix 2 cups of water with all 3 Italian dressing dry packets.  Pour over the rump roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

2. Once the meat is cooked, shred and place on a onion roll, top with cheese.  Broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted and the roll is toasted on the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment