Monday, January 20, 2014

Mostaccioli Salad



I made this for a wrestling team family cookout recently and I was so excited when one of the mom's asked for the recipe!  This is an old family recipe and I have an original with my mom's handwriting on my grandma's stationary.  I treasure those recipes!  This recipe is easy and I served it chilled.  The ingredients lend itself perfectly to sit out at a picnic.  This can also be made with penne or other pasta.  A random fact....mostaccioli means "little mustache" in Italian.  I thought that was fun!  Enjoy! 

Source: My Mom/Grandma

Ingredients & Instructions:


16 oz mostaccioli cooked al dente
1 cucumber
1 green bell pepper
1 sweet onion
(thinly slice cucumber, pepper and onion - I used a food processor)

Next combine the following for the dressing:
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 Tablespoon Parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
(I put them in a Tupperware and shake, until combined)

Then toss all ingredients together and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment