Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pecan Pie



Pecan Pie is a staple at my family holiday gatherings! This is an old family recipe and my paper copy has my Great-Grandma's name (Anna) on the top.  Pecan pie is one of my dad's favorites and this Thanksgiving I even had some help making the pecan pies.  Thanks Erik!   (Just realized I hadn't posted this...so I'm giving my readers a head start on Thanksgiving 2014!!)


Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup light karo syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecan halves

Instructions:
1. Before beating the eggs, use to coat the pie crust
2. Beat the eggs until blended, not frothy, set aside
3. Combine 2 T flour with 1/2 cup sugar
4. Melt butter and mix together butter, karo syrup, and salt.  Then add flour mixture.  Next add eggs and vanilla.
5. Pour mixture into pie shell
6. Drop pecans on the top
7. Cover edge of pastry with 2-3 inch wide strip of foil to prevent excessive browning removing foil for the last 15 minute of baking
8. Bake in a hot oven (425) for 10 minutes, and then bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until center is set.
9. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled before serving.  Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment